DETAILS OF THE BELLS
3-0-18 23¼" 1992 Whitechapel
4-2-9 28½" ? ?
|1751-3||Building constructed by John Vardy to a design by William Kent on the site of the guard house to the old Whitehall Palace. It represents the entrance house to the Royal Palaces.|
|1811||Clock, which had been made by Ainsworth Thwaites installed, was repaired by John Thwaites & Co.|
|1829||The clock was altered by B. L. Vulliamy. The clock was later transferred to storage at Dover in the 1970s.|
|1992||The hour bell was refurbished (not tuned) by Whitechapel and two new quarter bells supplied. The quarter bells had been stolen during refurbishment.|