PADDINGTON
ST SAVIOUR, WARWICK AVENUE (New church)
(Parish of Little Venice)

1 bell
Tenor: 6-1-20
Frame: 1976 Whitechapel
Retuning: Never subsequently retuned
Chimed electronically
Formerly the tenor from the Old Church
Grid Ref: TQ260820

DETAILS OF THE BELL

Bell

Weight

Diameter

Note

Cast

Founder

1

6-1-20 31"

1876

Mears & Stainbank

INSCRIPTIONS

1. MEARS & STAINBANK, FOUNDERS, LONDON, 1876

HISTORY

1855-6 Original church built (Commissioners church, 2nd Parliamentary Grant), Thomas Little, architect, at a cost of 12,140.
1876 Two bells were donated.
1972 Church demolished for replacement with new church. The smaller bell was broken in an attempt to steal it.
1973-6 New church built, Biscoe and Stanton architects, with a fibreglass spire.
1976 The remaining bell was rehung for electric chiming in the new spire. It wasn't tuned, but the crown staple was removed.